I am doing genealogical research since 2007.
- I manage my genealogical data with Webtrees on a private server. https://www.stammbaum-schosser.de/wt/
- In addition, I use a WordPress blog to collect small stories, anecdotes and also pictures at a defined place. In the genealogical data on the Webtrees site this would disappear somewhere in the depths of the family tree. https://www.stammbaum-schosser.de
Starting in 2017, I have also entered the field of DNA genealogy with several DNA tests from different companies. This resulted in interesting new matches and findings.
- A cousin of my great-grandmother emigrated to the USA and had a lot of children. I discovered this through a DNA relationship.
- I was able to confirm several ancestor lines at great-great-grandparent level through DNA matches (Schirmer, Stör, Engelhart, …).
I am using the big genealogy platforms more or less intensively for private research – but all the data I find in the Internet has to be verified with sources
- Ancestry (auch DNA)
- MyHeritage (auch DNA)
- Geneanet (auch DNA)
I am a member of the following associations:
- Forschergruppe Oberschwaben: www.forschergruppe-oberschwaben.de
- Verein für Computergenealogie e.V.: www.compgen.de
Motto: Genealogy without sources is mythology (a nice phrase from a fellow researcher)
- Every person must be proved with sources
- With DNA genealogy I could already “confirm” many lines, the paper sources are correct